Best Electric Garage Heater 120v
Are you looking to heat your garage through the long, cold winter?
Maybe you have a shop in there, or you use the garage for purposes other than simply storing your car. In this case, you’ll need to select a great electric heater for your space that best fits your needs. Read on for a list of some of the best 120v options!
- Best Electric Garage Heater 120v
- 120v Heater Options
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Will a 1500 watt heater heat a garage?
- What is the most efficient heating for a garage?
- How many watts does it take to heat a 2 car garage?
- How many watts do I need for a garage heater?
- What temperature should I keep my heated garage in the winter?
120v Heater Options
A 120v heater can be a great option to heat your garage with, especially if your space is on the smaller side. They come in options where they are ceiling mounted or standing fixtures. However, if your space is not insulated or is larger than 30×30 feet, you may need a stronger heater to completely heat your garage.
Dr Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater
This is one of the standing heater options. It is a great option because it is quiet and efficient, as well as still being safe for use if you have pets or children in your home. It features an energy-saving auto mode, high and low settings, an electronic thermostat, and a 12-hour automatic shut-off timer. Its heating system consists of an infrared quartz tube and PTC. When it comes to the heating system’s lifetime, the Dr. Infrared Heater can last up to 80,000 operating hours. This is one of the best 120v options on the market when it comes to both price and durability.
- Can heat up a large room with Auto Energy Saving Model With High and Low Feature. Tip-over protection and Overheat protection.Heat Up for a large room – Dual Heating System: Infrared Quartz tube + PTC for 60% more heat than others. Rated around 5200 BTU.
- Dual Heating Systems featuring infrared quartz tube + PTC with 12-Hour automatic shut-off timer. Amperage: 12.5 Amps
Homegear Infrared Electric Space Heater
This option is another standing heater option. It is a bit lighter than the Dr Infrared option, boasting a dual heating system that contains both mica and quartz infrared heating tubes. This particular model also has an LED display and remote control for easy monitoring and convenient control from anywhere in the space– perfect for when you’re at your workbench but need to adjust the heating in your space. The heater provides plenty of heating power and has an efficient blower fan, which distributes heat around the space. It also has built-in overheat protection.
- [Three Heat Settings & Led Digital Screen]- Infrared space heaters have three adjustable heating powers (high, low, eco) better meet your heat needs. Compared to the fuzzy thermostat setting of other heaters, the infrared heater with LED digital screen makes it easier to set the temperature you want.
- [Remote Control & Child Lock]- The remote allows you to adjust the temperature, and you can set the timing from 1-12 hours, without touching the infrared heater. Child locks help protect children from mishandling the heater.
Mr Heater F274830 MH18BRV
This is a standing heater option. It connects to a set of one-pound cylinders and features an integrated fan, which helps to increase the unit’s heating capacity. This heater can heat a garage up to 300 square feet. It combines two kinds of heat– radiant heat and convection style heat. It comes with a control knob that can be set to either low, medium, or high heat so that you can keep temperatures steady in your garage. It also has an auto shut-off if the flame goes out in the heater, and is equipped with several different safety features.
- Heat your camper, cabin, porch, picnic area, garage, barn, shed, hunting blind, and more by choosing from high, medium, and low heat settings for custom warmth
- Gives off 4,000, 9,000, or 18,000 BTU per hour with a heat range of 450 square feet; For use with propane gas integrating a 1-pound LP cylinder or 20-pound cylinder with hose (not included)
Optimus H-9010 Garage Utility Heater
The Optimus H-9010 Garage Utility heater is one of the ceiling-mounted heater options. It can be either mounted on the ceiling, or on a wall instead. Heaters that can be mounted are great space savers for a smaller space and also stay out of the way so that you have more floor space for your storage or projects. Mounted heaters can be considered safer options, too, because they are less likely to be knocked over or come into contact with flammable materials– this particular heater has built-in overheat protection as well.
The Optimus H-9010 heater has two different heating options– 600 and 1200 watts. It contains quartz heating features, halogen lights, and a pull cord for easy on and off use. It also produces a soft light in addition to heat, so the unit can help to illuminate your workplace!
TPI Corporation OCH46
The TPI Corporation OCH46 is the second ceiling-mounted heater on our list. It can either be mounted or hung from the two chains that are included with the unit. There is no fan included, as this is what is known as a radiant heater. This also means that the power of the fan is not a concern, and the unit provides consistent heating from the ceiling all the way to the floor. This heater is ideal for hanging or mounting over your workplace, as it does have a more limited range than some of the previous options.
- Infrared Overhead Heat: Easy to assemble, operate and maintain. Lightweight heating device for quick and quiet performance that effectively delivers all three fundamentals of heat transfer – convection, conduction, radiation.
- Durable Electric Heater: Impressive service life with 5000-hour life expectancy. Includes mounting brackets that allow unit to tilt up to 45-degrees. Steel housing has textured stainless steel finish. Frosted Quartz Tube Heating Element. MADE IN USA.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will a 1500 watt heater heat a garage?
A 1500 watt heater can heat a garage, but it might not get the garage to a normal room temperature, either. This is partially dependent on the size of your garage. For example, a 1500 watt heater generally heats 150 square feet, as the rule of thumb is 10 watts of heating per square foot.
What is the most efficient heating for a garage?
One of the best ways you can choose to heat your garage is with a low-density infrared tube heater. This radiates heat through the garage. You should make sure you do not choose the types that glow red, though, because they can pose a fire hazard. In surface radiant heat is another method for efficiently heating a garage space.
How many watts does it take to heat a 2 car garage?
This depends on the square footage of your 2 car garage. For the average 440 square foot 2 car garage, 4400 watts would be required to heat it properly. This is due to the rule of 10 watts per square foot for heating.
How many watts do I need for a garage heater?
You should calculate this wattage based on the size of your space. A 1500 watt heater will heat a 150 square foot garage, but if your garage is larger, you will need more wattage to heat the space properly. Every square foot of space requires 10 watts of heat.
What temperature should I keep my heated garage in the winter?
It is recommended that you keep your garage above the average dew point in your area in order to avoid the formation of any condensation. This temperature value depends on the area in which you live, so be sure to do your research to avoid using the wrong number!