Best TV for Garage Gym
Your garage can have many potential uses, whether you use it as a workshop, an extra office space, or a home gym. If you are using the garage for a workshop or gym especially, you may want to add in some technology for entertainment purposes– such as a TV!
However, there are more factors to consider when shopping for a TV for your home gym, including the temperature of the space and the moisture levels. That being said, there are plenty of great television options out on the market that you can install in your home gym. We round up some of these options below.
- Best TV for Garage Gym
- TCL 32 Inch 3 Series 720p Roku Smart TV
- Toshiba 75 Inch 75C350KU C350 Series LED 4K UHD Smart Fire TV
- Sceptre 32 Inch Class 720p HD LED TV
- TCL 43 Inch Class 4 Series 4K UHD Smart Roku LED TV
- Frequently Asked Questions
TCL 32 Inch 3 Series 720p Roku Smart TV
- Stunning High-Definition: Stunning HD resolution offers enhanced clarity and detail for all your favorite entertainment..Image Aspect ratio:16:9.Audio Power (Watts) Speakers : 5W + 5W
- Simple, customizable home screen: Your favorite broadcast TV, streaming channels, gaming console and other devices are front-and-center, so you can spend your time relaxing – not scrolling.
In this day and age, most of us want a smart TV option. Luckily, there are several great smart TVs on the market that would be a good addition to your home gym. The 720p HD picture quality is fairly high, and used to be the standard before 4K came onto the scene. Its 32 inch screen is also big enough for you to see the images from wherever you are in the garage– even when you are running on the treadmill!
This TV is a Roku TV, so you do not have to buy a Roku attachment or Amazon Firestick. You can watch different streaming services from this TV, such as Netflix, HBO Max, or Hulu. In addition, the Roku TV can be controlled through the Roku app, which also allows for private listening with your headphones. Some of its key features are below:
- Can be controlled through Roku app
- Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- USB and HDMI outputs
Toshiba 75 Inch 75C350KU C350 Series LED 4K UHD Smart Fire TV
- Fire TV – Fire TV brings live, over the air TV and all your streaming channels together on one, easy to use home screen. Connect any HD antenna and ask Alexa to instantly search for and watch live TV, or choose from a vast catalog of streaming movies and TV shows.
- Regza Engine 4K – Regza Engine 4K is Toshiba’s high-performance 4K engine for stunning picture quality. With the ultra-essential PQ technology combined with a high-quality LCD panel, you can get incredible ultra HD 4K images with breathtaking picture quality.
This model is the largest of the TV options on this list, and because of its size, it may not be the best choice for every garage. For instance, if your garage is on the smaller side or you have a limited space to place your television. However, if you have the space for it, this TV is a great choice! Its size and 4K image quality will make it easy to see what you are watching while you are working out.
The Toshiba TV is not set up with Roku, but it is still considered a smart Tv, as it is set up with Fire TV instead! This allows you to access all of the streaming services you enjoy. Some of its key features are as follows:
- Wifi connectivity
- Fire TV for accessing streaming services
- Alexa voice remote included
Sceptre 32 Inch Class 720p HD LED TV
- 32″ Led HDTV
- 720p Resolution
- 2 x HDMI (HDMI 2 shared with MHL)
- Clear QAM tuner
The Sceptre TV is one of the cheapest options on this list– perfect for those who are shopping with a modest budget. It is not a smart TV like most of the other televisions on this list, so your watch options are going to be more limited unless you purchase an addon like a Roku or Firestick. However, for the price, it really can’t be beat!
This model still has 720p picture quality, which is very good quality, and the 32 inch screen is large enough to watch comfortably. Some of its key features are below:
- Not a smart TV, so no streaming options
- High picture quality
TCL 43 Inch Class 4 Series 4K UHD Smart Roku LED TV
- Stunning 4K Ultra HD: Enjoy breathtaking 4K movies and TV shows at 4 times the resolution of Full HD. Plus your favorite HD shows, movies, and sporting events are enhanced to near Ultra HD resolution with advanced 4K Upscaling.Image Aspect ratio:16:9.Controller type:Touch Control
- High Dynamic Range: Enjoy free TV, live news, sports, movies, and more.
This option is another Roku smart TV option, but it is larger than the model that we discussed previously. TCL is well known for making quality, but affordable television options, so this model will help to provide high quality images while still staying within your budget. Its picture quality is also 4K, which is the standard these days– this model is a larger and higher quality version of the TCL Roku TV that we talked about earlier on this list.
This model has Roku built right in, so you can save the $40 or so that you would have to spend on a Roku attachment. It also features voice controls that can connect to ALexa or Google Assistant so that you can change channels or volume, hands free, while you are working out in your garage! Some of its key features are as follows:
- Connectivity technology
- Voice controls that integrate with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant
- Can watch multiple streaming services, such as Netflix or Hulu
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good size TV for a garage?
Of course, part of this depends on your personal preference. Most recommend that you choose a 32 inch TV for your garage space, as this is not too small that you are not able to view the screen, but is also not too large that you will have an issue with it being too big for the space.
Can you put a TV in your garage?
Yes, you can put a TV in your garage. However, it is also important that you do your best to store the television in an area that is not going to experience significant fluctuations in temperature. This can lead to permanent damage– if your garage cannot regulate its temperature, or gets wet or damp, it may not be wise to install a TV in it.
Can a TV be in a cold garage?
Flat screen TVs can be damaged by very cold temperatures, and cold temperatures may also cause the response time of your television to lag. Most television instruction manuals will include information on what is a safe operating temperature for the model so you can avoid any issues before they arise.
Can LED TV withstand cold temperatures?
The liquid crystals in LED TVs do not freeze in the way that normal liquids– like water– do, but cold temperatures can still affect your LED TV. Generally, LED TVs are able to be used and stored in temperatures as low as 4 degrees F. That being said, you should always look at the safe operating temperatures outlined in your TV’s owner manual or instruction booklet.
Should I Soundproof my Garage for a Garage Gym?
This is a great question and something that you should definitely consider. Soundproofing your garage can help not only with the noise coming into your garage but also with noise going out of your garage that you don’t want others to hear. This is especially true if you are installing a sound system along with your TV.
There are lots of great options, like extra insulation, soundproofing curtains, heavier doors, and foam for the walls.